Category Archives: HipHop
Common’s Black America Again will be released on November 4th not long before Election Day. Stevie Wonder, Bilal, Syd, Marsha Ambrosius, Elena, Tasha Cobbs and PJ have features on Black America Again.
- Joy And Peace (Feat. Bilal)
- Home (Feat. Bilal)
- Word From Moe Luv Interlude
- Black America Again (Feat. Stevie Wonder)
- Love Star (Feat. Marsha Ambrosius & PJ)
- On A Whim Interlude
- Red Wine (Feat. Syd & Elena)
- A Moment In The Sun Interlude
- Unfamiliar (Feat. PJ)
- A Bigger Picture Called Free (Feat. Syd & Bilal)
- The Day The Women Took Over (Feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
- Rain (Feat. John Legend)
- Little Chicago Boy (Feat. Tasha Cobbs)
- Letter To The Free (Feat. Bilal)
The Boiler Room interviews J.Dilla’s mentor Amp Fiddler about his music and life. Amp Fiddler is the funk extraordinaire from Detroit who has written for and played with George Clinton, Prince and Maxwell among many others including house auteur Moodymann. A pillar of Detroit’s music scene for three decades, it was Fiddler who taught Dilla how to use the MPC and introduced him to Q-Tip. In this episode, he talks about Dilla’s early productions, his path to success and shares some of his rare demo tapes. Amp Fiddler just released his fourth solo album, Motor City Booty.
Illa J’s “Spiders” is new music he recorded with producer Calvin Valentine. They made 30 songs but “Spiders” is the first one to surface publicly. Lyrically and sonically “Spiders” sounds like an experience from an altered state. The single is follows the release of his 2015 debut album.