What does shoe polish black face paint and watermelon red lips have to do with being a freak???? Estelle has defended the video by saying Missy did a similar thing with blackface in her “She’s A Bitch” video. Sorry but Estelle’s fluffy dip into a dance-oriented landscape with non sequiturs has nothing to do with the majestic futuristic Hype Williams directed funk frames for Missy. The painful history of blackface can not be transcended by some shallow posturing in a poorly thought out music video.
Daily Archives: March 3, 2010
Following the success of his December 2009 EP, Dres of the legendary Queens, NY outfit Black Sheep will drop his long awaited full length LP, From The Black Pool Of Genius, on April 6th. To celebrate the release,Dres is proud to announce the official Prelude Remix Contest. With the contest, Dres is giving aspiring and established producers alike the opportunity to remix all five cuts off Dres’ From The Black Pool Of Genius: The Prelude EP, with the best submission of each of the five tracks being selected by Dres to be released for the official Prelude Remix EP, which will be subsequently released via all major digital retailers.
After downloading a cappella versions of the songs – which can be found through http://whostheblacksheep.com – contestants will have four weeks to craft their respective remixes. All remixes must be sample-free. While producers can submit only one remix per track, they are allowed and encouraged to submit remixes for each track, making up to five possible remix submissions. In addition to each winner having their version included on the official Remix EP, Dres will also record one 16 bar verse for each of the winning producers on a beat of their choice, and each producer will win a free drum pack from Platinum Loops: the Hip-Hop Drums – Blazin Beats Volume 1 Sample Pack. Winning producers will also receive a signed copy of the From The Black Pool Of Genius: The Prelude EP. Think you have what it takes to catch the ear of legend?
To enter the contest, or for further information about the contest, including download links for the a capellas, rules, deadlines, and prizes, please see below or visit: http://whostheblacksheep.com.
Entry Date And Deadlines:
• The contest opens 12:00am EST on March 2, 2010, and closes at 11:59pm EST on April 2, 2010. All entries must be received on or before 11:00pm EST on April 2, 2010.
• The winning submissions will be announced on or before April 15, 2010.
• Download the acapellas from http://www.remixcomps.com/Black-Sheep-Remix-Contest. Craft your sample-free remix around Dres’ vocals and submit a 320kbps MP3 (44.1kHz constant bit rate, normal stereo) file of your remix along with your name and email address to [email protected]
• All remixes should be titled in the same format: “Name of Producer – Name of Track being remixed”
• All entries will be judged and selected exclusively by Dres.
• Dres will announce the winning submissions for the Prelude Remix contest on Thursday, April 15, 2010.
• Each winning producer will have his or her submission included on the official From The Black Pool Of Genius Prelude EP.
• Each winning producer will receive a free 16 bar verse from Dres on a beat of their choice (all winners must submit the beat for collaboration within four weeks time of the contest close).
• Each winning producer will win a free copy of Platinum Loops’ Hip-Hop Drums – Blazin’ Beats Vol. 1 Sample Pack.
• Each winning producer will receive a free signed copy of Dres’ From The Black Pool Of Genius: The Prelude EP.
Check out Dres’ personal invitation to enter the contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuARWvYmXpU